Organization & Reviewing
Reviewer for The 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2018), Santa Fe, New-Mexico, USA, August 20-26, 2018.
Reviewer for International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation 2018, New Orleans, LA, USA, June 5-6 2018.
Reviewer for the Global Wordnet Conference 2018 (GWC2018), 8–12 January, 2018, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Reviewer for Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics 2017 (ACL 2017), July 30-August 4, 2017, Vancouver, Canada
Reviewer for Language, Data and Knowledge 2017 (LDK2017), 19-20 June 2017 in Galway, Ireland
- Organizer of the second Spinoza workshop: Looking at the long tail
- Second Reader for Alexandru Asandei, entitled: ‘Word Sense Disambiguation at Scale’, under supervision of Jacopo Urbani. The thesis was presented for the degree of Master of Science, in the department ‘Computer Science – Internet and Web Technology’, at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Reviewer for the 10th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC2016), 23-28 May 2016, Portorož (Slovenia)
- Acted as consultant for scholieren.com on how to enrich their data with language technology.
- Organizer of the CLIN26 shared task at “The 26th Meeting of Computational Linguistics in the Netherlands (CLIN26)”, December 17-18, 2015, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Member of the program committee of “The 26th Meeting of Computational Linguistics in the Netherlands (CLIN26)”, December 17-18, 2015, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Member of the program committee of workshop “NLP applications: completing the puzzle” at NLDB 2015, June 16-19, 2015, Passau, Germany.
- Second Reader for Esther van den Berg. Master Thesis on the analysis of linking Open Dutch Wordnet to Princeton WordNet